Joe calls himself the ‘Ginger Wizard,’ but everyone else knows him as Joe! He established Hong Kong Sports Clinic to tackle the local community’s concerns about the trustworthiness and money-minded nature of the physiotherapy profession. Focused on fostering trust and credibility, Joe broadened the clinic’s services to include holistic wellness and fitness. As a physiotherapist and exercise specialist, he specializes in team sports, runners, dancers, yogis, gym injuries, lower back pain, hip OA, FAI, and post-surgical rehabilitation. Today, Joe leads a dedicated team of professionals, catering to people who desire to live better, healthier lives.
* Founder and Principal Physiotherapist Hong Kong Sports Clinic
* Former Head Physiotherapist of HKFC (Rugby)
* Former Consulting Physiotherapist for HK ballet
* Specialties: team sports, runners, dancers and yogis, gym injuries, lower back pain and post surgical rehabilitation
* Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy (Curtin)
* With Over 15 years and 35000 hours of clinical experience
*HK and Australian registered physiotherapist
Charles Wang, a renowned senior sports physiotherapist at Hong Kong Sports Clinic, brings over a decade of experience from Australia and Hong Kong. Passionate about understanding the root cause of pain, Charles develops tailored rehabilitation plans for optimal wellness. His knowledge spans multiple sports, allowing personalized care for patients with diverse backgrounds. As a valued clinic partner, Charles cultivates trust and empathy among colleagues and patients, mentoring team members and inspiring patients to take control of their health. Trust in Charles’ expertise and dedication to lead you toward a pain-free, fulfilling life.
-Bachelors of Applied Science (Physiotherapy) from the University of Sydney
-Continued education on Sports Physiotherapy Certification (APHRA)
– continued education on Spinal Physiotherapy Certification (APHRA)
– Specialist in Dean Watson headache treatment approach (Sydney)
Emma, a caring and engaged physiotherapist, addresses musculoskeletal issues holistically, emphasizing listening, understanding, education, and action. Returning to Hong Kong after studying and working abroad, she specializes in sports injury rehabilitation and exercise-based therapy. Emma assesses and manages various conditions, including neck and back pain, sports injuries, and post-surgical rehabilitation. In addition, she has a special interest in treating ante and post-natal women’s issues, such as pelvic girdle pain and rectus diastasis. Finally, she assists with returning to sports and fitness.
– BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy (U.K.)
– Advanced Manual Therapy of the Pelvis and Lumbar Spine (Dr Barbara Hungerford)
– Motor Control Training for Low Back and Pelvic Pain (Prof Paul Hodges)
– Management of Diastasis Recti and Abdominal Wall Dysfunction (Joelene Murdoch and Tamara Woods)
– Female Pelvic Health (Mandy Roscher)
Chris has ten years of experience in sports, orthopedics, and musculoskeletal injuries and rehabilitation. He uses a holistic approach, aligning treatment goals with clients’ objectives by developing systematic, graded protocols with clear guidelines. His career began in South Africa with top-level schoolboy rugby, honing his athletic and trauma injury management skills. Chris then transitioned to the Premier Soccer League, learning the ins and outs of working with professional athletes. Currently, he holds the position of head physiotherapist at the Hong Kong Jockey Club, treating the world’s most outstanding jockeys.
- BSc Physiotherapy (University of the Free State, South Africa)
- Dry Needling (South Africa)
- Mulligan Concept(Geoff Foat)
Liz, a South African physiotherapist and Pilates instructor, specializes in Women’s Health and Pelvic Physio while excelling as a ‘jack of all trades.’ Her expertise spans sports like calisthenics, martial arts, and rugby and clinical work in private practice, hospitals, and rehabilitation centers. She also offers corporate consulting, ergonomics assessments, and workshops, focusing on posture improvement through Pilates, yoga, and mobility exercises. Embodying the saying, “A jack of all trades is a master of none, but often better than a master of one,” Liz is a valuable asset to our team.
– BSc Physiotherapy (UFS South Africa)
– Pilates Instructor (South Africa)
– Dry Needling (Hong Kong)
– Women’s Health Specialist (PhysioSkills)
* The Internal Vaginal Exam (Mandy Roscher)
* Advanced Pelvic Health Assessments and Techniques (Mandy Roscher)
* Rehabilitative Ultrasound certifications (Patrick Donnelly and Mandy Roscher)
* Electrical Stimulation for Pelvic Health (Fiona Rogers)
Bill, a chiropractor and physiotherapist with over a decade of experience, started his journey at a young age by helping his grandfather at his bone-setting clinic. Participating in Kung Fu and Lion Dance tournaments led to many injuries, giving Bill a unique appreciation for the combination of chiropractic and physiotherapy. He spent three years working alongside one of Australia’s prominent vestibular rehabilitation specialists, developing a special interest in dizziness and vestibular rehab. Believing in a hands-on approach, Bill is passionate about relieving clients’ pain, optimizing their physical function, and helping them live life to the fullest.
- M Chiropractic (Macquarie University, Australia)
- B Physiotherapy (Charles Sturt University, Australia)
- B Chiropractic Science (Macquarie University, Australia)
- Advanced Gonstead Chiropractic theory and technique (Australia)
Jo Wing Lam Leung is a Hong Kong native and Australia-trained physiotherapist with over a decade of experience in Australia, Hong Kong, and Eswatini (Africa). Skilled in treating athletes and individuals from all walks of life, Jo provides attentive care tailored to each patient’s needs and goals. She has worked with the Hong Kong Women’s U21 Team and athletes across various disciplines and handles chronic pain, gym injuries, and post-surgical rehabilitation cases. In addition to her physiotherapy career, Jo is actively involved in community work, having initiated a successful disability sports project in Eswatini.
– BSc Physiotherapy (U Syd, Australia)
– Orthopedic Manipulative Therapy (South Africa)
– Dry Needling (Hong Kong)
-Movement and Performance Therapy Specialist (Hong Kong)
Glenn is a physiotherapist, personal trainer, and massage therapist with over seven years of experience. He takes a holistic approach to training and treatment, utilizing a range of therapeutic techniques and exercises prescriptions to thoroughly address underlying weaknesses in the body for optimal results and injury prevention. Glenn has further qualifications in exercise science, dry needling, and Active Release Techniques (ART), making him well-equipped to provide comprehensive care to his clients. With a colorful background in competitive sports, Glenn draws from his first-hand experience in strength training and injury rehabilitation to offer valuable insights and knowledgeable care. He is a well-rounded professional who can provide various services to help you achieve your goals.
Masters of Physiotherapy, THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Masters of Exercise Science, EDITH COWAN UNIVERSITY
Certificate III & IV in Fitness, AUSTRALIAN ACADEMY OF FITNESS
Diploma of Remedial Massage, NSW SCHOOL OF MASSAGE
Dry Needling & Acupuncture certified.
Active Release Techniques (ART), Full Body
Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA), Level 1
Australian Weightlifting Federation (AWF), Level 1 Coaching
Precision Nutrition, Level I
Poliquin PICUP Level 1 & II, Poliquin Bio Signature, Level 1
NSW Triathlon Development Coach
Mete is a physiotherapist and strength and conditioning expert based in Hong Kong. He takes a scientific approach to his treatments while also having a personal understanding of the demands of sports and movement. As a national-level powerlifter and former Youth Olympic windsurfer, he is passionate about empowering his patients to live healthier, more vital lives. Mete has a wealth of experience working with clients from various backgrounds, including rugby players, Champions League footballers, gym-goers, triathletes, and office workers, as well as those needing neuro, geriatrics, and cardiorespiratory physiotherapy. In addition, Mete is an expert in training men for weight loss, using a holistic approach that combines exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle changes to achieve sustainable results.
– BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy (Birmingham, UK)
– Dry Needling Certified (OMT Hong Kong)
– Spinal Manipulation Certified (OMT Hong Kong)
– Shoulder Complex Certification (Adam Meakins)
– ACL Rehabilitation Certification (Mick Hughes)
Kayden is a Hong Kong native passionate about sports and helping others achieve their full potential. As a physiotherapist and strength and conditioning coach, he provides world-class services to sports enthusiasts of all levels. Kayden’s love for sports extends across a wide range of activities, from basketball to weightlifting, running to snowboarding, giving him a unique perspective and the ability to relate to athletes across various disciplines. He believes the journey to optimal sports performance is a gradual progression from being healthy to getting fit, culminating in chasing excellence. Kayden is dedicated to providing exceptional care and guidance to all who seek it, empowering them to surpass their limitations and achieve extraordinary feats in their sports journey. Whether a beginner or an experienced athlete, Kayden is committed to helping you achieve your goals safely and injury-free.
- BSc Exercise & Health (Hong Kong)
- MSc Physiotherapy (United Kingdom)
- Strength and conditioning specialist (NSCA)